Saturday, March 16, 2019

Maybe I Should Get Out More

Fear is quite an interesting thing. It messes with your mind and as a result, it messes with your body. It's like being in the dark, unable to see. You could be in an empty room, in a completely safe space but, the mind does wonders when in comes to creating a frightening imagination. You start hearing things or seeing things that aren't there and then all of a sudden you are effected physically. The heart begins to race, the palms begin to sweat, and boom - fear becomes the established emotion.

Weirdly enough, I like being scared - in a love/hate type of relationship. I can feel as the adrenaline is released into my blood stream and my heart begins to pick up speed. It's somewhat reassuring to know that my body is equipped to recognize when to take flight or fight. However, I am what you would call a "scaredy cat" with the tendencies of a control freak. The minute I feel fear creeping up from behind me, I try to shut it down (because in all honesty - who really wants to feel fear). I tell myself that there's nothing to be scared of and the second I begin convincing myself, the feline part of me panics and assumes that since I'm trying not to be scared, that there is every reason to be scared.

I came to this realization while wondering around the property of an abandoned health institute - which just SCREAMS "you will feel fear". I went with Alex and Vicky as we were location scouting this morning. It had to be 11:22am when we arrived at the weed invested gates of "Plum Village Health Institute", or what remained of it. Fabiana couldn't make it because she had church - the irony.
 
Here's a picture of us before making the decision to - what I must admit - was the scariest and most "high school teenager" thing I've ever done (going to an abandoned health institute).

But, we decided to check out the location because it seemed like the perfect place to shoot the second segment of our film opening where we will make it evident to the audience that the main character has been sex trafficked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Big Finale

After weeks of hard work, sweat, tears, and little to no sleep, I proudly present our film opening to our movie, " 1% ".